Celebrating more than 20 Years as Rochester's #1 Family Resource!
RocParent.com, the online home of Rochester & Genesee Valley Parent Magazine, is a nationally award-winning website that includes articles, resources, directories, ideas on things to do and much more to create an amazing community where families can find information to enrich their lives through all the stages of parenthood.
Since our first issue 1994, our company, GVP, Inc., has been dedicated to supporting families in the greater Rochester, NY area through our award-winning publication Genesee Valley Parent Magazine, Monthly Resource Guides, bi-annual Rochester Baby Guide and our annual Camp & Summer Activity Fair.
Rochester & Genesee Valley Parent Magazine is the FREE monthly magazine for parents in the Genesee Valley and Greater Rochester metropolitan area. Each month, the publication is filled with articles on everything from having a baby to choosing a summer camp to financing a college education. Many of the articles feature information of local interest. In addition to informative articles about child-rearing, regular features include a monthly calendar of events, listings of community parenting resources, and books and product reviews.
The evolution of Rochester Area & Genesee Valley Parent Magazine
- Our magazine's first issue hits the stands! It was 32 pages.
- A first-class postage stamp costs 29 cents.
- We publish our second camp guide and hold our first annual camp fair at Eastview Mall.
- We publish our first After School Guide.
We join Parenting Publications of America (now Parenting Media Association).
- We publish our first Family Resource Directory.
- GVP takes the web! We launch our first website www.GVParent.com
- We publish our First Annual Baby Guide.
- Our magazine cover changes from newsprint to glossy.
- We publish our first Special Needs Guide – it features the Kelly Family & Hunter's Hope.
- We send out our first e-mail newsletter.
- We become a sponsor of The Little Theatre's Little Buddies film series.
- We produce our first coloring book in conjunction with the Seneca Zoo
2008 - GVP gets social!
- We launch our Facebook page.
- We join Twitter.
- Genesee Valley Parent is honored as a finalist in the Rochester Business Ethics Award
- Our magazine evolves from interior newsprint to full glossy.
- We become a sponsor of the Rochester Children's Book Festival
- We become a sponsor of The Strong's storytime
- We launch our new website, www.RocParent.com
- We sponsor the Dinosaur Exhibition at RMSC