1. Spray Parks in Rochester We know it’s winter right now, but you’ll want to bookmark this one for the summer.
2. Cheap Eats Snag a meal deal with these cheap eats at restaurants around the Rochester area.
3. Place to Have Fun Under $5 Whether it's a school break or the weekend finding things to do with your kids is relatively easy but finding fun things to do that are inexpensive can be a challenge. Here are some ideas to spark your imagination.
4. Waterfalls Upstate New York offers some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the nation; from small cascades to thundering waterfalls that drop hundreds of feet. Check out these waterfalls and enjoy the natural beauty. Don't forget your camera!
5. Glamping in the Finger Lakes When most people think of camping they imagine roughing it – sleeping on the ground and braving the lack of facilities. But a new trend has entered into the market and we're excited – Glamping has arrived in the Finger Lakes Region.
6. Berry Picking The Rochester area has many farms that allow families to pick their own berries. By picking your own, you are guaranteed the freshest fruit possible. Berry picking is also a wonderful way to teach your kids about farming and where their food comes from.
7. What Parents Should Know About Food Allergies Over the last several decades, food allergies among children have risen, with peanut allergies quadrupling over the last 20 years. A recent study in the New England Journal of Medicine has reshaped what many physicians are recommending to their patients.
8. Rochester’s Farm Markets Rochester abounds with great places to snag fresh and local produce straight from area farms.
9. Apple Picking The Rochester area is home to many great apple orchards that offer a variety of your favorite fresh fruit and also have fun fall activities.
10. Parks Your Family Will Enjoy Upstate New York has some of the most beautiful parks in the nation. Monroe County has 21 parks on nearly 12,000 acres for all of us to enjoy. Here are some Rochester area parks you will be sure to love. Remember to be responsible caretakers when enjoying your day at the park.