apple cranberry cobbler
- 3 Gala apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Imitation Clear Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 container (10.2 ounces) refrigerated home-style biscuits, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons coarse or sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare small oval pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In large bowl, combine apple slices, cranberries, lemon juice and vanilla. In small bowl, combine granulated sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir into fruit mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Cover pan with foil.
- Bake on cookie sheet 40-45 minutes or until fruit begins to bubble. Remove from oven. Toss biscuits in melted butter and distribute evenly over fruit, pressing biscuits down slightly into filling.
- Sprinkle biscuits with coarse sugar. Return to oven and bake 18-20 minutes or until biscuits are browned and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
For more holiday recipes and inspiration, visit wilton.com