brown sugar party mix
- 6 cups Vanilla Chex™ cereal
- 1/2 cup whole roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup whole roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup gluten-free yogurt-covered cranberries or yogurt-covered raisins
- Measure cereal and nuts into large microwavable bowl; set aside.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter on high 30 seconds; stir and microwave 30 seconds longer or until butter is melted. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and spices. Heat until boiling, about 30 seconds. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on high about 3 minutes, stirring every minute, until mixture is glazed. Cool 5 minutes; stir in cranberries. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
For more recipes and tips for creating the perfect party with Chex, visit www.chex.com