- 1/2 box linguine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups butternut squash pieces (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium, fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage or 4 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, blue cheese or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Crumbled cooked prosciutto or bacon, optional
- Additional cheese, optional
- Toasted chopped walnuts, optional
Servings: 4-6; Preparation Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in squash, wine and salt.
- Simmer 12 to 15 minutes just until squash is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sage.
- Toss squash with pasta and cheese. Sprinkle with prosciutto, additional cheese and walnuts, if desired.
Nutrition information (1/4 of recipe): 304 calories; 9 g protein; 52 g carbohydrates; 6 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 7 mg cholesterol; 213 mg sodium; 7 g total dietary fiber.