- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 bag (8 ounces) chopped green peppers & onions
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
Prep time: 5 minutes; Cook time: 25 minutes; Servings: 4
- Brown ground beef with chopped green peppers & onions in medium saucepot.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Serve, if desired, with reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and light sour cream.