Lucky You Mint Pie
- 1 cup (6 ounces) Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 prepared 9-inch (6 ounces) chocolate crumb crust
- 1 pkg. (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Additional Nestlé Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in butter; pour into crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cool to the touch.
- MEANWHILE, BEAT remaining evaporated milk, pudding mix, water, peppermint extract and 3 drops food coloring in medium bowl until combined. Gently stir in 2 cups whipped topping and additional drop of food coloring, if desired. Spoon over chocolate layer.
- REFRIGERATE for 2 hours or until set. Sprinkle with additional morsels. Spoon remaining whipped topping in center of pie. Garnish with fresh mint.
Jenny Harper is Consumer Test Kitchen Project Manager for the Nestlé Test Kitchens and VeryBestBaking.com.