- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softenen
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Imitation Clear Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Imitation Almond Extract
- Royal icing Orange, Black, Green, Lemon Yellow, Brown and Violet Icing Colors, as desired
- Orange, Yellow, Orange, Lavender and Black Colored Sugars, as desired
- Halloween Jimmies, Nonpareils and Icing Decorations, as desired
- Candy Melts candy
- Cookie sticks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. In second large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and extracts. Add flour mixture to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls.
- On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter by 1/8 inch thick. Dip eye and glasses cookie cutters in flour before each use. Arrange cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8–11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool completely on cooling grid.
- Decorate as desired using tinted royal icing, colored sugars and Halloween icing decorations. Use melted candy to attach sticks to backs of cookies; chill until set.
Provided by www.familyfeatures.com