Ingredients - Strawberry Ghosts and Tombstones:
- 1 container (1 pound) Driscoll’s strawberries, divided
- 3 Milano cookies
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Assorted Halloween sprinkles like Jumbo Ghost Sprinkles
- 6 cream filled chocolate cookies, Oreo’s
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine candy melts and shortening in large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly.
- Continue to microwave and stir at 30 seconds intervals until smooth and completely melted. Dip strawberries into candy melt to coat completely, let excess drip off. Carefully place stem side down onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Let stand at room temperature or store in refrigerator 30 minutes or until coating is firm.
- Using melted chocolate place dots of chocolate as glue and arrange ghost sprinkles for eyes. Pipe on eyebrows and mouth, let stand until firm.
- Arrange cookies on tray. Spoon melted chocolate into a pastry bag fitted and pipe saying onto each cookie. Let stand at room temperature until coating is firm.
- In food processor blend cookies until fine crumbs, set aside.
Ingredients - Graveyard Cake:
- 1 container (6 ounces) Driscoll’s blueberries
- ¾ cup water
- 1 package (18.25 ounce) devil food cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour 2 (9-inch) square baking pans.
- Combine in food processor 1 cup blueberries and water. Puree 1 minute or until smooth.
- Blend cake mix, blueberry mixture, oil and eggs in large bowl on low speed just until moistened. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in remaining blueberries. Divide batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
Ingredients - Raspberry Strawberry Filling:
- 1 container (6 ounce) Driscoll’s raspberries
- 1 ½ cup coarsely chopped Driscoll’s strawberries, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine raspberries and 1 cup coarsely chopped strawberries in food processor. Puree 1 minute or until smooth. Press through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch and berry puree in small saucepan until blended.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat stir in ½ cup chopped strawberries; set aside. Cool completely.
Ingredients - Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Bring heavy cream to a boil over medium- high heat in medium saucepan. Whisk in chocolate. Whisking constantly until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour chocolate into a bowl, cover surface with plastic wrap, chill 2 hours.
- Beat on low to medium speed 30 seconds or just until ganache is thickened and begins to hold a shape. Do not overbeat.
Ingredients – Garnish:
- 1 container (6 ounces) Driscoll Blueberries
- 1 container (6 ounces)Driscoll Raspberries
Directions to Assemble:
- Place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread raspberry strawberry filling to ½ inch from edge.
- Top with second cake layer. Frost sides and top with ganache whipped frosting.
- Arrange blueberries around top edge of cake and raspberries around bottom edge of cake. Sprinkle center top with cookie crumbs.
- Arrange strawberry ghosts and press cookies into cake, for tombstones.
Recipe and Photo provided by Driscoll’s