- 3 - 4 pounds beef brisket
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Number of Servings: 10-12 Baking Time: 4 hours
- Place brisket on a large sheet of plastic wrap. Drizzle olive oil onto the meat.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Rub the mixture over the meat, making sure to cover all surfaces of the meat. Wrap tightly in the plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- Bring the meat up to room temperature prior to cooking. Grill or bake to a medium rare, 140 degrees internal temperature. To bake in an oven, cook at 475 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees and bake for 3 – 4 hours.
- To cook on a grill, sear both sides on high. Then reduce the heat of the grill to low and grill for 3 – 4 hours.
- Remove from the oven or grill.
- Cover with your favorite sauce and let meat sit for 15 minutes before carving.