sugar cookie party mix
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate or 1/4 cup vanilla milk chips
- 1-2 teaspoons colored edible glitter or sugar sprinkles
- Measure cereal into large microwaveable bowl. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on high 30 seconds or until melted. Add sugar and corn syrup; microwave uncovered on high 30 seconds, until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on high 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil. Microwave white chocolate on high 30 seconds or until it can be stirred smooth; drizzle over top. Sprinkle with edible glitter or sprinkles.
For more recipes and tips for creating the perfect party with Chex, visit www.chex.com