- 4 cups watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 /2 cup fat-free half and half, plus extra reserve
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 /2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 /2 teaspoon coriander
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (at least 60 percent cocoa powder)
- Wrap watermelon cubes in paper towels to soak up excess fluid. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, bring half and half and spices to almost simmer. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate. Let chocolate melt, then continue to stir until thoroughly blended and creamy. Adjust flavors to personal taste.
- Transfer fondue to fondue pot and heat according to directions. (If fondue becomes too thick, stir in extra reserve half and half, 1 tablespoon at a time, to desired consistency.)
- Place watermelon cubes on platter with fondue forks or skewers.
For more entertaining recipes and party ideas, www.watermelon.org.